I was always fascinated and desperately wanted to try Laser Hair Removal since I was a teen. However, as a teen, I just simply never had enough money to make it happen. Let’s face it, some of those sessions can be extremely expensive and there is no guaranty that results would be the same for everyone equally.
As a pretty-hairy Serbian girl who happens to live close to the beach, I just got tired of useless shaving and painful waxing. I can’t even count the numerous cuts from shaving endured from dull razors, the painful aftermath of ingrown hairs, the red bumps and the overall itchiness. And I would be truly impressed with a razor when I see in one of those commercials a gorilla being shaved and not a perfect model with no hair on her legs. Plus, none of these techniques last long enough for me to enjoy the endless Los Angeles summer carefree so I had to find a better way.
Let’s start with some basic facts about IPL hair removal facts
My weapon of choice is DEESS Permanent hair removal beauty device. IPL hair removal (often bandied around as ‘laser hair removal’ though IPL and laser technologies are not the same) is promoted as providing 80-90% ‘permanent hair to suitable candidates that complete a full 9-10 sessions. What suits me the best about this handy little gaged is that I can do all those 10 sessions at home!
DEESS Permanent Hair Removal:
How to use it?
1. Please have your hair shaved in advance before the treatment!
2. Wear glasses and plug in the device, this is not a rechargeable device. (a red light is blinking)
3. Hold the button for 3 seconds to start/power off (red+green light blinking and you can hear a fan is working)
4. Click the button to adjust levels. The default is level 1.
5. Put the device vertically on your skin and click the button to flash after all lights turn green.
6. You will see a flash after you click the button correctly (do not hold the button too long, just click for flash).
7. Please try from level 1, if there is no discomfort then you can go on! You can use it per week, and best is to repeat 1-2 times for each treatment
Where can I use it?
You can removal hairs on up lips, chin, sideburns, armpit, arms, legs, tummy, bikini, private parts.
What skin types is it suitable for?
Applicable skin color: White, Ivory, Beige, Light brown
Noticeable skin color: Brown
Not applicable/Unsafe: Dark brown and black
Not for white hair, grey hair, red hair and blond hair.
Works best on light skin and dark hair!
How much is this going to cost me?
You can purchase it on Amazon for $118 + free shipping.
How does it feel?
Personally, I have felt no pain during my at home sessions. I started from the lowest level and worked my way up. The package comes with the goggles that must be used during the treatment. Flash can be startling.
Will Vary. I’ve gotten my upper lip and chin lasered effectively, however, I have not completed all 10 sessions yet.
Tanning & Laser?
Don’t do it at least four weeks before and two weeks after a treatment. This is probably the best time to start it just before the beach season.
I wish you luck on your laser journey — should you decide to take it definitely give it a thought because the permanent results from laser hair removal are something you will never regret.
Disclaimer: The items used for this review have been provided free of charge by DEESS! Views and opinions as well. All the photos are my own!